Sunday, April 24, 2011

back at it.



My history with keeping up with blogging is pretty rotten, but at least I blog...right? IWEB isn't cuttin it, so I'm back to bloggin it with blogger. murraysinindia.com is officially over. You'll find me here when I get a free minute to download my brain. Don't expect continuity. Our life is wonderfully crazy here in India, but I rarely have time to sit, and much more rarely have time to actually put my thoughts into complete sentences, but I know I should be writing more down and posting more photos, so please encourage me to do so, and I'll do my best. I promise mom.

Micah just notified me that I have a "W" on my head "when you do that" (said to me just now while I was typing). I should probably work on that.

Our Easter has been just lovely. I'm truly overwhelmed with thankfulness for what this day means to me. My faith has been shaken up, stirred and thrown into high gear here. We celebrated with some friends Saturday night and did some traditional US Easter stuff with the boys. We sang our hearts out to Jesus together.
This morning we celebrated Easter as a family with an incredible scooter ride through the wheat field villages of North India. I'm not sure I've seen anything more beautiful and peaceful. Sometimes seeing poverty makes you want to do something...other times, a simple, poor life seems so appealing, you don't want to change anything for these sweet people! We had a picnic by a river, did some swimming and rock skipping, and read the incredible story of the empty tomb together. It was ideal. Happy Easter everyone.

Tidbits for this week:
1. Indian bugs/worms and whatever else is in our bodies are driving me nuts! I'm feeling a weekly cleanse coming on, but I'm afraid we'll blow away.
2. My boys are healthy, happy, strong. Thank you Jesus!
3. My business is such a delight, but such hard work...excited to see it start to take off and create more jobs.
4. Rikki has joined us here and she is amazing.
5. Still not quite sure how my husband knows how to do what he does. His guitars are crazy good.
6. I miss my little nieces and nephews real bad.
7. I've decided this week will be one of monkey shooting. I'm done. I've had enough grace. They aren't nice and they should be shot.
8. David accidentally let one of the birds out of the cage. The boys haven't noticed. I haven't told them.
9. Micah daily picks very large ticks off of Spike with tweezers and it disgusts me. David tells me this is normal. I practically feel like soaking Micah's hands in bleach when he's done. I know, its gross and probably unsafe, but you'll have to take it up with David if you think this habit should change.
10. We need to eat about 100 hamburgers when we visit the US this summer, to make up for our lost meat consumption. That doesn't sound disgusting to me at all right now.

more to come...









3 comments:

  1. test test. It works. I love hearing from you and seeing pics. In the first one, initially I thought - "who's the guy with Levi on the scooter?" love hearing about your Easter as well. I miss you lots and am talking with Brett about timing to visit. You tell me what would be good too. fallish? winterish?

    ReplyDelete